Would you say you are happy with the political situation in your country of origin?

Very Satisfied
Total votes: 1 (25%)
Satisfied (No votes)
Neither
Unsatisfied
Very Unsatisfied
Total votes: 4

Re: [POLL] Would you say you are satisfied with the current political system in your home country?

The political situation in Indonesia is fairly stable despite elections typically being a polarizing time for people supporting different parties. We have a democracy and lately, there have been a lot of changes to battle corruption, collusion, and nepotism.

I tend to follow politics in the U.S. more since I live here now, and I think here, there has been more polarization than most other places, and political rhetoric has given rise to some ways of thinking that I thought we had moved past. There seems to be more nativism and paranoia and I don't think mask-wearing became a political issue as much as it did in the U.S. - anywhere else in the world. We had to go through some years where propaganda and hyperbole seemed to be the norm on any given day, so much so that I quit watching American news completely and mostly checked Al Jazeera for updates.

I wish that more people would stop feeling the need to agree with everything that their party supports and find a balance between what's right for the country's citizens and what's right for the party's ego.